Tyne and Wear HER(10563): Byker, Cut Bank, Plumbers Arms - Details
Byker, Cut Bank, Plumbers Arms
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. An early tennant operated as an innkepper and tallow manufacturer. The pub had a brewhouse in the 1860s. The premises were acquired in 1932 by John Rowell, Gateshead brewer. It closed in 1935.
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers and Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne From 1850 to the present day, p 77; Brian Bennison, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, p 26