Tyne and Wear HER(10585): Newcastle, City Road, Druid's Arms Public House - Details
Newcastle, City Road, Druid's Arms Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. A brewhouse was constructed in a stable here in 1862. John Henderson was brewer from 1865 to 1867 and his wife Elizabeth ran the brewery until 1874. The pub was bought by John Fitzgerald in 1895 and closed in 1907. Now under flats (HER 9883).
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers and Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne From 1850 to the present day, p 38; Bennison, Brian, 1997, Heavy Nights - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume Two, The North and East, p 22