Tyne and Wear HER(10599): Newcastle, Pilgrim Street, Blue Posts Inn - Details
Title of image: Blue Post Inn, Pilgrim Street
Description: A 1920 photograph of the Blue Post Inn. The building is tall and narrow. A large sign 'Peter McDonald' is fixed to the front of the building between the first and second floors. A boy is walking in front of the pub.
Additional info: Print black and white
Location/Collection: Newcastle Libraries/Newcastle Local Studies Hotels and Restaurants Collection
Accession number: NCL 030431
Provider: Newcastle City Library
Copyright: All rights reserved, if you would like a printed copy of this image please contact Newcastle Libraries.
Newcastle, Pilgrim Street, Blue Posts Inn
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. Martha Morton brewed here from 1855 to 1858. John Hunt worked here until 1861. James Hall was brewer from 1861 to 1864/5. W.B. Reid bought the Blue Posts. It closed in 1931.
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers and Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne From 1850 to the present day, p 42; Brian Bennison, 1996, Heady Days - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 1, The Central Area, p 36