Tyne and Wear HER(10609): Newcastle, Pilgrim Street, White House Public House - Details
Newcastle, Pilgrim Street, White House Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. Site now occupied by Carliol House (HER 1910). In 1871 John Ewan McPherson acquired the White House Inn and erected purpose-built White House Buildings. At the turn of the twentieth century he sold it to Newcastle Corporation.
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers & Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne from 1850 to the present day, p 70; Bennison, Brian, 1996, Heady Days - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Volume One, The Central Area, p35