Tyne and Wear HER(10667): Newcastle, Newgate Street, Victoria Hotel (Lennons) - Details
Newcastle, Newgate Street, Victoria Hotel (Lennons)
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. George Wilkinson brewed here from the late 1840s until the early 1850s. John Emmerson became licensee in 1875. In 1890 it passed to Jacob Wilkinson. It was in the ownership of Ind Coope when it closed in 1960.
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers and Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne from 1850 to present day, p 34, 60; Brian Bennison, 1996, Heady Days - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 1, The Central Area, p 17