Tyne and Wear HER(10670): Newcastle, Darn Crook, St. Andrew's Tannery - Details
Newcastle, Darn Crook, St. Andrew's Tannery
Leather Industry Site
Shown on Ordnance Survey first edition, 1862. Named as St. Andrew's Tannery by 1896. The tannery closed in the late 1880s when the Co-operative Society purchased it to extend their recently built store. Site now under the Co-op (HER 8940).
Shown on Ordnance Survey First Edition of 1862; Archaeological Services Durham University, 2011, Newgate Street, Co-op, Newcastle upon Tyne - Archaeological Assessment