Tyne and Wear HER(10675): Newcastle, Stowell Street, Bakers & Brewers Arms Public House - Details
Newcastle, Stowell Street, Bakers & Brewers Arms Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. The pubs name commemorated on of Newcastle's ancient guilds. The guild had premises in Blackfriars and the Bakers' and Brewers' Arms was opened in property it owned in Stowell Street c.1828. The pub was acquired by the Grey Horse Brewery in Gallowgate and then by the Northumberland Public House Trust before closing in 1917.
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West