Tyne and Wear HER(10694): Newcastle, Wellington Street, Hodgson Arms Public House - Details
Newcastle, Wellington Street, Hodgson Arms Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. Closed 1995. At the turn of the century it had a bar and two sitting room with a side entrance on Oakes Place and a back door in Pitt Lane. It had been on the brink of closure in 1937, but was allowed to be kept open on condition that it was modernised.
Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West