Tyne and Wear HER(10695): Newcastle, Hedley Street, Hedley Arms Public House - Details
Newcastle, Hedley Street, Hedley Arms Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. Corner of Oyseter Shell Lane and Hedley Street. Bought by J H Graham in 1874. He rebuilt the adjoining brewery in 1886 and although the public house closed in 1908, the Hedley Street Brewery continued and became the first Federation Brewery in 1921.
Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West