Tyne and Wear HER(10701): Newcastle, Westgate Road, Cookson's Arms Hotel Public House - Details
Newcastle, Westgate Road, Cookson's Arms Hotel Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. The pub name commemorates Issac Cookson who owned the estate - in the 1820s he named Arthur's Hill after his son. Closed 1910.
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Bennison, B, 1998, Lost Weekends, A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 3, The West