Tyne and Wear HER(10740): Newcastle, Prudhoe Street, County Inn - Details
Newcastle, Prudhoe Street, County Inn
Shown on Ordnance Survey second edition. A brewery was attached to it around 1865. The inn was bought by F.M. Laing in 1886 and rebuilt in 1897. It closed around 1940, reopening as an upholstery workshop. Site now under multi storey car park.
Shown on Ordnance Survey Second Edition of 1896; Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers and Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne From 1850 to the present day, p 75; Brian Bennison, 1996, Heady Days - A History of Newcastle's Public Houses, Vol 1, The Central Area, p 9