Tyne and Wear HER(10858): Hazlerigg Jewish Cemetery - Details
Hazlerigg Jewish Cemetery
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Acquired by the Corporation Street Synagogue in 1906. The earliest tombstones are along the back wall. Earliest readable date is 1912. The red brick ohel (prayer hall at burial ground, especially a small walk-in memorial to a deceased Hasidic rabbi) was built in 1920. The windows are mostly from Jesmond Synagogue (HER 9894). The pulpit was added in 1925. In 1992 the cemetery was extended and a bet taharah (mortuary) added.
Sharman Kadish, 2006, Jewish Heritage in England - Architectural Guide, page 188