Tyne and Wear HER(11093): Newcastle, Quayside, Grindon Chare, Dun Cow Public House - Details
Newcastle, Quayside, Grindon Chare, Dun Cow Public House
Anthony Teasdale owned the Dun Cow from 1804. From 1826 Anthony acted as agent for Reid & Co, porter brewers from London. In the late 1840s his son William took over the public house and 18 half-barrel brewhouse. The Dun Cow was destroyed by the fire of 1854.
Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers and Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne From 1850 to the present day, p 58