Tyne and Wear HER(11200): Cullercoats, Church of St. George, war memorial - Details
Cullercoats, Church of St. George, war memorial
World War One crucifix memorial outside St. George's Church. Unveiled by Lord Armstrong 1921. Rededicated by the Duke of Northumberland in 1989 with a new bronze plaque.
North East War Memorials Project Ref. C68.01 (www.newmp.org.uk); Shields Daily News 23 May 1921; News Guardian 18 May 1989; North Tyneside Courier 24 May 1989; Shields Daily News 15 June 1921; North Tyneside Local Studies Library has a copy of the restoration appeal notice; English Heritage (Designation), 10 September 2012, Consultation Report; English Heritage, 19 November 2012, Advice Report, list entry number 1411542