Tyne and Wear HER(11204): Newcastle, Grindon Chare, Blue Bull Public House - Details
Newcastle, Grindon Chare, Blue Bull Public House
In the late 1840s Mrs Pickering was producing 14 half-barrels per brewing. The public house was advertised in the early 1850s with a brewery and two corn lofts under the ownership of Bells, Robson & Co and the Tyne Brewery Co, before passing to William Younger of Edinburgh. In 1891 it became the property of W.B. Reid. It closed in 1904.
Brian Bennison, 1995, Brewers and Bottlers of Newcastle upon Tyne From 1850 to the present day, p 74-5