Tyne and Wear HER(11251): Eighton Banks, Church of St. Thomas, war memorial - Details
Eighton Banks, Church of St. Thomas, war memorial
Unveiled 30th April 1921 by Dr Parkin of Newcastle. A 10 feet high cross with a wreath on each face and the words "PRO PATRIA". Three-stepped plinth and iron railings. John Bowes and Partners of Springwell and Vale Collieries contributed 50 guineas. Scultor was D. Morrison.
North East War Memorials Project (www.newmp.org.uk) E50.01; Newcastle Daily Journal 13th May 1920