Tyne and Wear HER(11253): Fenham, Two Ball Lonnen, United Reformed Church, war memorial - Details
Fenham, Two Ball Lonnen, United Reformed Church, war memorial
Formerly in Fleming Children's Hospital. Moved to wards 19 and 20 of the RVI in 1987 and now located at West End United Reformed Church. A 10 inch x 20 inch brass plaque. "ENDOWED BY ST PAUL'S CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AS A MEMORIAL TO THEIR HONOURED DEAD IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1918. THIS ENDOWMENT TAKES THE PLACE OF THE MEMORIAL MANSE REFERRED TO ON THE TABLET NOW ERECTED IN THE WEST END CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH". Includes ten names. [St. Paul's Congregational Church was on Westgate Road (HER 6442)].
North East War Memorials Project (www.newmp.org.uk) E35.19