Tyne and Wear HER(11293): Willington Quay, Northumberland Arms Public House - Details
Willington Quay, Northumberland Arms Public House
Shown on Ordnance Survey first edition of 1856. On 9th March 1911 the plans for building new premises were agreed and a new pub was built shortly afterwards. On February 23rd 1916 the opening night of the King George V Lodge No.2115 of Freemasons was held in this pub. The meetings were held here from 1916 until 1928 and were then transferred to the Dun Cow, Willington Quay. Exact date of closure unknown. Pub demolished Nov 2007.
Ordnance Survey first edition map 1856; Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p28