Tyne and Wear HER(11295): Willington Quay, The Railway Inn - Details
Willington Quay, The Railway Inn
Shown on Ordnance Survey first edition of 1856. Built c.1853. Nicknamed Johnny George's after one of its licensees, John Robert George, who became the licensee on 10th Feb 1932. Its name was changed to the Bogie Chain on 6th Feb 1990. The railway carriage attached to the building is used as a restaurant.
Ordnance Survey first edition map 1856; Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p31