Tyne and Wear HER(11368): Killingworth, Wesleyan Cottage - Details
Killingworth, Wesleyan Cottage
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Former Wesleyan chapel built in 1834. Remained a chapel until 1857. A post office from 1898.
Maurice Milne, 2003, Ye Historie of Killingworth, second edition, Killingworth Local History Society; W.G. Elliott, Bygone Days of Longenton, Benton, Forest Hall, West Moor, Killingworth, Palmersville and Benton Square, Book 2, p 74; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle & North Tyneside