Tyne and Wear HER(11462): West Boldon, Newcastle Road, Hill Top House - Details
West Boldon, Newcastle Road, Hill Top House
A large impressive house built in 1701 for the overseer of the Newcastle Road when it was a toll road. Well restored, with 6-over-6 sash windows and a small well-designed extension. The concrete pantile roof is not in keeping.
South Tyneside Council, 2002, West Boldon Conservation Area Character Appraisal; South Tyneside Council, 2006, West Boldon Conservation Area Management Plan, Draft SPD 11; A. Middleton, 1983, Boldon's Witness in Church and Community