Tyne and Wear HER(11525): Dewley, Dewley House - Details
Dewley, Dewley House
Dewley House is shown on a plan of 1620 of Newburn manor. Possible site of Dewley medieval village (HER 1314). In 1622 the 'house and a close called Dewly' were held by Cuthbert Hearon, who also held the manor place of Newburn. It was held by Sir Orlando Gee, who was M.P. for Cockermouth in Cumbria, in 1625. The property was owned by the Percy estates, lords of Newburn manor.
A plan of the manor of Newburn, 1620, Alnwick Castle Archives Class O, Div. xvii, No. 1; M.H. Dodds, 1930, A History of Northumberland XIII, p 149; Rental of 1622 and 1625, Syon House Archives Class A, Div. ii, No. 11a