Tyne and Wear HER(11526): Dewley - Details
A number of small buildings are shown here on the tithe map of 1848 in 'Shop Field'. The field name suggests that they might have been workshops of some sort. By the Ordnance Survey second edition of 1898, these buildings had become a complex named Dewley. Another possible location of Dewley medieval village (HER 1314). The site has been destroyed by the construction of the A69.
Newburn Hall Tithe Map, 1848, Northumberland Museum and Archives (Woodhorn) NRO DT 342 M; Ordnance Survey first edition 1858; Ordnance Survey second edition 1898