Tyne and Wear HER(11541): Lemington, Lemington Hall - Details
Lemington, Lemington Hall
The owner of Lemington glassworks built Lemington Hall in 1786. It is first named on the tithe map of 1848, by which time its open setting had been marred by industrial activity, subsumed within a network of railway lines.
Kelly, 1886, Directory of Newcastle upon Tyne, p 415; Newburn Hall Tithe Map, 1848, Northumberland Museum and Archives (Woodhorn) NRO DT 342 M