Tyne and Wear HER(11555): Walbottle, institute - Details
Date stone reads '1891 Church Mission Room'. It was a meeting place and the village school until purpose built schools were built in 1907 and 1908. Built of stone ashlar with a slate pitched roof and porch. Original chimney, windows and dormer window on south side. The roof and porch have barge boards painted green.
Newcastle City Council, 2009, Walbottle Village Conservation Area Character Statement & Management Plan, page 8, 15