Tyne and Wear HER(11606): Whorlton, Church of St. John, graveyard - Details
Whorlton, Church of St. John, graveyard
Religious Ritual and Funerary
The church of St John was built as a chapel of rest in the parish of Newburn in 1866 beoming a parish church in its own right in 1899. The churchyard situated on the other side of the road was constructed between 1898 and 1920.
Ordnance Survey third edition, 1919; The Archaeological Practice Ltd., 2009, St. John's Church, Wholrton, Newcastle upon Tyne - Archaeological Evaluation