Tyne and Wear HER(11814): Westoe, Chapel of St. Lawrence - Details
Westoe, Chapel of St. Lawrence
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Place of Worship
The remains of a 1347 chapel were standing until 1750. Now the site of Chapel House.
North East Civic Trust & South Tyneside Council, 2002, Westoe Conservation Area Character Appraisal; South Tyneside Council, 2006, Westoe Conservation Area Management Plan, Draft SPD 10; A. Flagg, date unknown, 'Westoe Village', unpublished text held by South Shields Local Studies Library; G. Hodgson, 1924, History of South Shields; N. Pevsner, 1953, The Buildings of England: County Durham; GB Hodgson, 1903, Borough of South Shields, pp 54-5; Miss A Flagg, no date, Chapel House, Westoe Village; National Monuments Record Monument No. 26470