Tyne and Wear HER(12033): Marley Hill, Aged Miners' Cottages - Details
Marley Hill, Aged Miners' Cottages
Eight cottages were built in the 1930s. They are semi-detached and single storey. A stone plaque records their opening by Lord Glamis in 1937. The cottages are set back off the road and grouped in a crescent around an open space.
Gateshead Council, 1999, Conservation Area Policy Guidelines, Strategies and Character Statements, Marley Hill Conservation Area, p 36