Tyne and Wear HER(12086): Preston, Preston Park, Easby House (Pearey House) - Details
Preston, Preston Park, Easby House (Pearey House)
Built in the early 1870s. In 1950 Tynemouth Blind Welfare Society took over the house as a recreation centre. It is still a welfare centre and home for the Blind. Flats were built north of the House in the mid 1990s replacing earlier flats. The original stable block still stands on the northwestern boundary of the garden. The house is largely unaltered, but a garage has been built to the east and an outbuilding at the very front of the garden.
North Tyneside Council, Environment, Regeneration & Housing Directorate, 2005, Preston Park Draft Conservation Area Character Statement