Tyne and Wear HER(12092): Wallsend, Church Bank, Church of St. Peter, font - Details
Wallsend, Church Bank, Church of St. Peter, font
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Medieval font resited from Holy Cross Church. The font from Holy Cross church was found in Wallsend Burn in the 1800s and taken to Carville Hall. Mr Wigham Richardson gave it to the church in 1891.
Department of National Heritage, List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, 7/146; W. Richardon, 1923, History of the Parish of Wallsend, pp 123-144; North Tyneside Council, Environment, Regeneration & Housing Directorate, 2005, St. Peters, Wallsend Draft Conservation Area Character Statement