Tyne and Wear HER(12095): North Shields, Borough Road, Church of St. Peter, school - Details
North Shields, Borough Road, Church of St. Peter, school
School for boys, girls and infants. Built by 1898. Demolished in the 1930s. There is a high red brick and sandstone wall, incorporating 2 arched windows and window sills, on the site that is likely to be part of the school. St. Peter's Stairs gave access from Borough Road.
FISHcast, sub-group of FISH (Folk Interested in Shields Harbour), 2007, North Shields - The New Quay and The Fish Quay Conservation Areas - FISHcast Community Character Statement; Tyne and Wear Museums, 2006, Land Adjacent to Borough Road, North Shields - Archaeological and Cultural Heritage Assessment; Tyne and Wear Museums, 2007, Junction of Borough Road and Clive Street, North Shields - Archaeological Photographic Recording and Watching Brief; D. Legg, 1999, Parish Church of St. Peter, Low Town Tynemouth, North Shields in the County of Northumberland, Baptisms Vol. 1, 1961-1875