Tyne and Wear HER(12125): Wallsend, Grange Villas - Details
Wallsend, Grange Villas
Semi Detached House
Built from 1910 on the site of The Grange (HER 8657), old vicarage and Point Pleasant Farm (HER 11214) by Robert Richardson Dees. This new housing was set at right angles to the village green, which altered the medieval development pattern. These were high density surburban semis which overlaid the long garden plot. Built of large crisp red bricks with brick quoins. Nos. 15 to 17 have the timber sub-frame of the windows painted the same colour as the front door and the window frame painted white (traditional early C20) and square corner bays. The houses also have bow windows. Red clay tiled roof, prominent chimneys.
North Tyneside Council, 2006, The Green Conservation Area Character Appraisal, Draft August 2006;