Tyne and Wear HER(12128): Monkseaton, Percy Terrace, East Farm - Details
Monkseaton, Percy Terrace, East Farm
Agriculture and Subsistence
Demolished in 1961 and replaced with Relton Place. This was the last fully operational farm in Monkseaton. Its fields ran north from Souter Park alongside the Avenue branch line. In 1956 the landowner, the Duke of Northumberland, sold the farmland to Whitley Bay Council and the Churchill Playing Fields were created.
North Tyneside Council Development Directorate, August 2006, Monkseaton Conservation Area Character Appraisal Draft; F Thompson, 1757, Plan of the Township of Monkseaton in the Parish of Tynemouth (NRO ZHE28/5)