Tyne and Wear HER(12133): Monkseaton, Front Street, Black Horse Inn - Details
Monkseaton, Front Street, Black Horse Inn
The original Black Horse Inn from 1793 stood where the replacement pub is today. It was built as a two storey building but was remodelled to include a third floor. It was demolished in 1936. There is a painting of the pub by John Falconar Slater of 1925. The new Black Horse Hotel was built in 1952.
North Tyneside Council Development Directorate, August 2006, Monkseaton Conservation Area Character Appraisal Draft; Charles W. Steel, 2000, Images of England - Monkseaton and Hillheads