Tyne and Wear HER(12136): Monkseaton, Front Street, Ship Inn - Details
Monkseaton, Front Street, Ship Inn
Built in 1923. There is a large green faience name plate on the Ship Inn. Built for the Northumberland Brewery Company who owned Monkseaton Brewery. There is a plaque over the door which reads '1688, Ye Olde Ship Inn. Rebuilt 1923'. Newcastle Breweries acquired the building in 1934.
North Tyneside Council Development Directorate, August 2006, Monkseaton Conservation Area Character Appraisal Draft; Charles W. Steel, 2000, Images of England - Monkseaton and Hillheads