Tyne and Wear HER(12167): Benton, Station Road, Church of St. Andrew - Details
Benton, Station Road, Church of St. Andrew
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Place of Worship
Built in 1904. The doorway has a large gothic style porch with steps and a moulded lion head. This was the main entrance until a church hall was built to the north in 1937, enclosing the doorway within a courtyard. The church has some very attractive Art Nouveau windows that are hidden by metal grates. Pitched Welsh slate roof.
Ordnance Survey Third Edition 1916; North Tyneside Council, 2007, Longbenton and Benton Conservation Areas Character Appraisal; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle & North Tyneside, a survey