Tyne and Wear HER(12477): Sunderland, South Moor - Details
Sunderland, South Moor
South Moor is shown on Ordnance Survey first edition of 1856. The site is now occupied by South Moor School. The area now known as The Cedars was built on land previously owned by the South Moor Estate in the mid to late Victorian period.
Sunderland City Council, February 2008, The Cedars Proposed Conservation Area - Character Appraisal and Management Strategy; North of England Civic Trust, 1999, Proposed Belford/Backhouse Conservation Area, Sunderland - Conservation Area Assessment and Draft Character Appraisal