Tyne and Wear HER(12507): Whitburn, The Green, Cross House - Details
Whitburn, The Green, Cross House
The only building on the village green. Cross House was built in 1810 and has been an inn, post office and shop. It has rubble sandstone walls and pantile roof. Re-modelled in the 1960s including horizontal window openings and box dormers.
North East Civic Trust on behalf of South Tyneside Council, 2006, Whitburn Conservation Area Character Appraisal, p 5