Tyne and Wear HER(1274): Chapel House, milecastle 9, Roman building-stone - Details
Chapel House, milecastle 9, Roman building-stone
Building-stone found in 1929 in the east face of the footing-course of the east wall of Chapel House milecastle (no. 9). Now lost. Inscribed: X.
<< HER 1274 >> E.B. Birley, 1930, Excavations on Hadrian's Wall west of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1929, Archaeologia Aeliana, 4, VII, 160 G.R.B. Spain, 1930, Inscribed and Sculptured Stones, Northumberland County History, XIII, 562 no. 8 R.G. Collingwood & R.P. Wright, 1965, The Roman Inscriptions of Britain, 1372