Tyne and Wear HER(12763): Cleadon, French's Farm (South Farm) - Details
Cleadon, French's Farm (South Farm)
Agriculture and Subsistence
French's Farm/South Farm stood on the site where Foxton Court now stands. The farm was shown on the 1839 tithe plan and, at the time, belonged to Barbara Ormston and was farmed by Ann Holmes. One of four farms in the village in the 19th century- potentially medieval in origin. Included two gin-gangs by the mid 19th century.
South Tyneside Council, 2007, Cleadon Conservation Area Character Appraisal, page 8; Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas