Tyne and Wear HER(12784): Cleadon, Sunderland Road, infants school - Details
Cleadon, Sunderland Road, infants school
Opened 1903 for children 5-13. It was the only school in the village until 1907. Building is rendered and incised to look like masonry. The windows are original. The building comprises two symmetrical halves - probably divided into boys and girls schools. Part of the left hand porch and a section of the lower roof was removed when the church hall (HER 12783) was built. Building was in use as the village infant school until 1963, it continued to be used as a dining room and library until 2007. It is now the village community centre.
South Tyneside Council, 2007, Cleadon Conservation Area Character Appraisal, page 38; Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas