Tyne and Wear HER(12792): Cleadon, Front Street, Nos. 18 to 22 - Details
Cleadon, Front Street, Nos. 18 to 22
Nursery Lane once led to extensive areas of glass houses behind Cleadon Tower. Today it still contains an extremely attractive terrace of houses. Built in 1860, the houses are rendered. Some retain their original six-over-six windows and doors. Sections of stone boundary wall survive. The houses face onto an unattractive garage court.
South Tyneside Council, 2007, Cleadon Conservation Area Character Appraisal, page 47; Northern Archaeological Associates, 2015, The Cleadon Village Atlas