Tyne and Wear HER(12869): Walbottle, Whitehall Road - Details
Walbottle, Whitehall Road
Built between 1911 and 1920. Early example of Council Housing. Built by Newburn Urban District Council to replace Old Row (HER 11560). A red brick terrace with painted wooden porches with sloping roofs and outhouses in the rear yards. Ashlar window dressings. Most windows have been replaced in uPVC. Some roof lights have been added. The north side of Whitehall Road is semi-detached houses built in the 1970s.
Newcastle City Council, 2009, Walbottle Village Conservation Area Character Statement and Management Plan, page 38-39