Tyne and Wear HER(13141): St. Mary's Island, Muristan - Details
St. Mary's Island, Muristan
St. Mary's Island
Built in 1913 by F.C. Strick and Co. for W. Gray and Co. A British steamship, 2886 tons and 320 feet long. Wrecked one mile south of Blyth on 19th November 1916. Now owned by W.G.P. Marine (Collings). The steamship Muristan is recorded as having ran aground off Blyth Beach 19th November 1916. The grid reference given also suggests the wreck is located in the Blyth area. She weighed 2886T and measured 97.61m x 14.19m x 6.42m.
Peter Collings, 1991, The New Divers Guide to the North-East Coast, page 53; Ian T. Spokes Wreck Database, Inga Project, National Monuments Record