Tyne and Wear HER(1336): Dinnington, human bones - Details
Dinnington, human bones
Religious Ritual and Funerary
In 1820 part of the field called the Back Yards, on the north-west edge of Dinnington, was dug up. In addition to the foundations of a building, the supposed chapel, "About a yard below the surface, they discovered a number of bones, supposed to be human, and some sculls with the teeth perfect in the jaw bones".
<< HER 1336 >> D. Maddison, 1830, Prestwick Carr, pp. 33-34 M.H. Dodds, 1926, Parish of Ponteland: Chapels and Chantries, Northumberland County History, XII, 436-37