Tyne and Wear HER(13439): Jesmond, Osborne Road (east side) - Details
Jesmond, Osborne Road (east side)
On east side of Osborne Road between Holly Avenue and Fern Avenue are six large double-fronted terraced houses of c 1879. They have an open stone porch to the front door. They are built in white brick, are two-storeys with attics and have wrought ironwork over the ground floor bay windows. In 1910 occupants included a French consul, an enamelled slate manufacturer, a coal owner, a physician and a solicitor. On the opposite side of the road the red brick houses are a few years later in date.
Alan Morgan, 2010, Jesmond from mines to mansions, page 94