Tyne and Wear HER(13447): Newcastle, Blenheim Street, Nos. 59-61 (odd) - Details
Newcastle, Blenheim Street, Nos. 59-61 (odd)
House, later part of The Broken Doll public house. This was [in 1990] the best surviving example of the type of house built when Thomas Anderson developed this part of Newcastle in 1834. The streets were laid out by John Dobson, who may also have been responsible for specifying the appearance of the street elevations of the buildings. The house was two storeys, brick with a door on the left side of the west facing elevation, two windows to the right of the door and three above. All sashes. Pantile roof. Demolished to make way for the West Central Route (St. James Boulevard).
Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, 1990, An Architectural Survey of Urban Development Corporation Areas - Tyne and Wear, Vol. One, Tyneside, plate opp p.4