Tyne and Wear HER(14622): Gosforth, Armstrong Street, Wesleyan Chapel - Details
Gosforth, Armstrong Street, Wesleyan Chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Bulman Village Chapel. Built 1841. Wesleyan 1841-1850. Reform/United Free Methodist 1859-1860. Primitive Methodist 1860-1882. Then became Zion House. This was a small and simple chapel side-on to street with three pairs of arched windows and porch. Its original 1841 datestone was found in 1940 and taken to Salters Road Chapel, then moved again in 1953 to the façade of Trinity Church, where it can still be seen. The village chapel was demolished.
Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle and North Tyneside, a survey; sketch by Gilbert Richards, 1841; Peter F Ryder, 2012, Methodist churches on or near Gosforth High Street, a note