Tyne and Wear HER(14644): Newburn, Newburn Road, Methodist Church - Details
Newburn, Newburn Road, Methodist Church
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Wesleyan Chapel built 1898. Extended in 1905 with Sunday School to rear. Gable front. Closed 1965 and ended its days as the Tropic Tan Solarium. Demolished circa 1980. Modern house now occupies the site but the forecourt walls and base of gate pier remain.
Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle and North Tyneside, a survey