Tyne and Wear HER(14737): Byker, St. Anthony's, Engine Street, methodist chapel - Details
Byker, St. Anthony's, Engine Street, methodist chapel
Religious Ritual and Funerary
Methodist New Connexion Chapel
Built 1864. In use until 1887 when the congregation moved to Brown memorial Chapel on Walker Road. The 1896 and 1907 Ordnance Survey 10ft maps show the building as a Sunday School.
Peter F Ryder, 2012, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Newcastle and N Tyneside, a survey